Um…I mean the good ones. Not like the surprises the dog leaves in the middle of the dining room floor.
Anyway, I found a lovely surprise waiting for me yesterday, over at Tina’s Tidbits, a delightful and informative blog from new writer friend, Tina Cho. It was the Very Inspiring Blogger Award(!) and as
I’m old and will forget things if I don’t take action immediately I’m humbled to accept this award, here goes:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules are:
• Display the award on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State 7 things about yourself
• Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
So, let’s see. Seven things…
1. I work way more productively when I have a ton of things to do.
2. When I have all the time in the world– I procrastinate even more. (By playing online games. But they’re puzzle games so at least I’m staving off dementia, right?)
3. I decided to cut WAY back on Facebook for Lent. (It has not gone well.)
4. I seem to be lacking in depth perception. (Which makes for interesting driving at night.)
5. I’ve had a sign in my office that reads, “What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it’s all about?” for five years. (I still laugh whenever I read it. I’m laughing now, actually.)
6. I love tuna fish salad. In fact, I think I’ll have it for lunch today. (And possibly the rest of the week.)
7. Whenever I get annoyed/frustrated/down re:my writing career, I remember how blessed I am to know so many wonderful writers (and now friends!), and I thank the good Lord for leading me where I always belonged.
And though there are hundreds of bloggers who inspire me every day, I think I’ll just choose the three who’re on my mind this day. (Three’s a nice number, right? Okay, fine. I’m also a wee bit lazy. I believe we already covered that–)
Debra Mayhew, whose blog posts somehow make me laugh and then kinda tug at my weary heartstrings.
Lisa Ricard Claro, whose determination and doggedness are fierce. Her writing’s pretty awesome, too.
Sioux Roslawski, whose insights also make me laugh out loud and then think, “Wait a minute…”
Thanks for the award, Tina! You made my day.