Don’t you just love surprises?
Um…I mean the good ones. Not like the surprises the dog leaves in the middle of the dining room floor.
Anyway, I found a lovely surprise waiting for me yesterday, over at Tina’s Tidbits, a delightful and informative blog from new writer friend, Tina Cho. It was the Very Inspiring Blogger Award(!) and as
I’m old and will forget things if I don’t take action immediately I’m humbled to accept this award, here goes:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules are:
• Display the award on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State 7 things about yourself
• Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
So, let’s see. Seven things…
1. I work way more productively when I have a ton of things to do.
2. When I have all the time in the world– I procrastinate even more. (By playing online games. But they’re puzzle games so at least I’m staving off dementia, right?)
3. I decided to cut WAY back on Facebook for Lent. (It has not gone well.)
4. I seem to be lacking in depth perception. (Which makes for interesting driving at night.)
5. I’ve had a sign in my office that reads, “What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it’s all about?” for five years. (I still laugh whenever I read it. I’m laughing now, actually.)
6. I love tuna fish salad. In fact, I think I’ll have it for lunch today. (And possibly the rest of the week.)
7. Whenever I get annoyed/frustrated/down re:my writing career, I remember how blessed I am to know so many wonderful writers (and now friends!), and I thank the good Lord for leading me where I always belonged.
And though there are hundreds of bloggers who inspire me every day, I think I’ll just choose the three who’re on my mind this day. (Three’s a nice number, right? Okay, fine. I’m also a wee bit lazy. I believe we already covered that–)
Debra Mayhew, whose blog posts somehow make me laugh and then kinda tug at my weary heartstrings.
Lisa Ricard Claro, whose determination and doggedness are fierce. Her writing’s pretty awesome, too.
Sioux Roslawski, whose insights also make me laugh out loud and then think, “Wait a minute…”
Thanks for the award, Tina! You made my day.
Much deserved!!! Congrats!!
Aw, thanks, Kelly!
Great post! I love your hokey-pokey sign, too! Mmm, a tuna salad sandwich does sound good for today.
Thanks for bestowing it upon me, Tina! And now I’m hungry for tuna all over again. 🙂
You certainly deserve the award. I love the hokey pokey quote!
Aw, thanks, Linda. I kinda love the Hokey Pokey–the dance–too. 🙂
The hokey pokey sign IS hilarious.
And how did you know I was going to have to fish around for an idea for a post tomorrow? I guess I have it now.
Thanks for the award and thanks for your posts. Your posts, along with a number of other writers’ blogs, enrich my writing and brighten my day.
Shhhh, Sioux. We’re not supposed to admit that we needed something to write about. 🙂
And thanks for the kind words–I feel the same about YOUR posts!
You ARE an awesome blogger – the perfect example of what a fabulous writer’s blog looks like. Like the hokey pokey sign, I laugh every time I stop by. And thanks for passing the award on to me…It’s soooo nice to know I was on your mind today. It warms my heart on this below zero day!
Then come back, Debraaaaaaa!!!! It’s 70 here today! 🙂
Thanks for thinking of me. You already know I think you’re awesome because you’re the Great and Powerful Master Y. 🙂 I will certainly accept my award and post about it soon. And I love the hokey pokey sign. Life would certainly be easier if that’s what it was all about!
I know, right? I mean, that dance is just about my style. 🙂