So, my lovely blog buddy, Suzanne at Teacher Writer, passed along this lovely award to yours truly:
Imagine my shock when I realized that Suzanne (whom I’ve never actually “met”) had tapped into the very essence of Cathy C. Hall. The Beneficent Mr. Hall, as well as most of the Junior Halls and half the state of Georgia, have issues with my creativity. But here I am, getting an award for it! As such, I’m required to share seven creative truths (or scathingly brilliant lies) about myself.
1. 37 people have called me a bald-faced liar-like that’s supposed to bother me.
2. The President of the United States sent me a letter-and spelled my name with a K.
3. I used steel pliers to pull a stuck plug out of a socket-and blew myself across the room.
4. A British sailor took me disco dancing in Capri-and Her Majesty never find out . Um, till now.
5. The fire department had to come to my house to put out a cooking fire-and charged me.
6. The first boy I kissed is now a priest-in fairness, he kissed a lot of girls besides me.
7. I’m afraid of bridges, clowns and rabid monkeys-not necessarily in that order.
Now, the award rules (though I’m not sure if these are real rules or “creative” rules):
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thanks, Suzanne!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to 6 outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth. The key here is the “up to” and the “at least.” This means I might tell 4 outrageous lies and 3 outrageous truths, or any combination that equals 7.
5. Nominate up to seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on the seven blogs you nominate, letting them know you nominated them.
Though I can think of tons of writers who deserve this worthy award, I shall bequeath the honor on the chosen creative one, Lisa. Because she looks all nice and sweet, but you have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me.
Congrats to that sneaky Lisa…and I'm glad you didn't choose me…this looks way too confusing for me to handle! 😮
oo, oo…..nominate me too!!! I haven't gotten an award in a looooong time and I'd love to tell some crazy things (and a few lies) on my blog! Need something light-hearted after the last post! :-)My favorite is the disco-dancing in Capri!
What if the clown had a rabid monkey for a pet and they lived under a bridge? And you had to cross that bridge when you came to it… :)(I sense some weird short story cooking here!)Congratulations on your award!
Ha,ha,ha! Y'all make me laugh! And Gail, of course you can have a Creative Blogger Award, too! Go, lie, and be happy!
Master Yoda – thank you for this delightful honor! You're a tough act to follow, but it was fun stuff. I'm ready to run for office now… 🙂
Hmmm … when do we find out which is the truth and which are lies?! 🙂
Hmmmm, Kelly. I don't recall that being part of the rules!